Yep, I'm LOVING being off for the summer with my girl! It has been fantastic! With Jeremy's work schedule we have been able to do so much already and its been a nice change. With the exception of holiday weeks when Pepsi is on a crazy sale, then we don't see much of him.
We have already been to the Zoo several times, Union Terminal, and one of Izzy's favorites- We went to see Barney LIVE at US Bank Arena in Cincinnati! It was such a neat experience to watch her face! We went camping a few weeks ago and took a trip to Coney Island the next day to swim. I have to say that tan lines on a 3 year old are probably the cutest thing ever!
On top of all that, we celebrated Izzy's 3rd Birthday! I'm still not sure how that is possible. Time is going by so fast and I intend to enjoy every minute of it!
We are also in the midst of potty training. It is going so much better than I had ever hoped. My method? I put her in panties. The first morning she peed 7 times in the floor between 9-noon. About 12:30 she came to me and said she had to go pee and every since then (6 days ago) she has had 2 accidents! I never dreamed that she would transition so well. Our only issues are that she is afraid of the automatic flushers in public restrooms. I haven't a clue on how to get past this other than keep exposing her to them. But even when we are out and she doesn't want to go in them, she holds it until we get home. And she only wants me to take her.
Izzy's speech is improving so much. I can have conversations with her, she calls me mommy now <3. She can count to 13 and knows the majority of colors. I am so proud of all of her accomplishments.
We are making the most of this summer because once August hits classes start back up for me AND IZZY. As much as it breaks my heart, my baby girl is going to start preschool. I am excited for her to make new friends and ecstatic for the opportunity for her speech to improve BUT the thought of someone else being with her during the day really makes me uneasy. I think she will love it, we have been to the school twice and both times she has not wanted to leave.
I know I say this on every post but I really mean it this time- I am going to start using this more!
No comments:
Post a Comment