Wednesday, March 10, 2010

She put me to the test yesterday!

Well Izzy gave me my first puke challenge yesterday! LOL She woke up at 3AM getting sick in her bed and it was the first time I have had an encounter with "kid" puke, which as it turns out it is WAY different than baby puke and of course it happens on a night when Jeremy is working! So I did the only thing I could do and picked her up and stripped her down and headed to the bathroom so I could dry heave! About 2-3 minutes later, Izzy started getting sick again and it was like the queezy feeling I had was GONE, I was able to direct all my attention to her and her needs and do what needed to be done to help her. I found it quite challenging to direct a 21 month old to puke in a bucket though, so I'm guessing that will come with age??? From about 3-7 AM Izzy was getting sick about every 20 minutes, the poor thing was terrified each time and just wanted me to hold her. I felt horrible for her, but after 7 the vomiting stopped and she just wanted to sleep most of the rest of the day. Poor thing didn't eat anything until dinner time, luckily I was able to get her to drink throughout the day. She slept so much yesterday that she was up for the day this morning at 4AM, luckily Jeremy was home last night and able to get up with her because I was beat from only having 3 hours of sleep the night before. She wasn't sick this morning just awake. As the day went on she seemed to be feeling good. Her appetite is starting to come back too. Glad my sweet girl is better now and I'm sure glad that didn't last long!
Hopefully yesterday I got all the queezy feelings out and next time I won't have to deal with that but looking back I am proud of the way I pulled myself together!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Izzy, glad it seems to have passed quickly!

    And I've been there with the dry heave for a second, then get on with things too. Only way you can do it really! Way to go Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Izzy. Sounds like you were an awesome mommy -- amazing what we can go through. I never thought I'd be able to do some of the things I have had to do. So glad she feels better!!!

    ReplyDelete