Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Waiting Game

Yesterday afternoon Izzy started having a bit of a runny nose. No big deal, no fever, she ate dinner fine and went to bed fine. She didn't sleep well because of the runny nose. This morning when she got up her fever was 100.0. I gave her a dose of tylenol and that seemed to bring it down. She had no appetite for breakfast or lunch and at 2:15 I took her temperature again and it was 103.0 so I called her pediatrician, which is only about 2 minutes away and they wanted me to bring her in as soon as I could get there. So we were there by 2:30, Jeremy left work early and met us there, which I am very thankful for. They took her temperature right went we got there and it was still 103. They gave her a dose of Motrin and 30 minutes later took her temperature again and it had risen to 104.9. By this point she was so lethargic she was just sleeping in my arms. They tested for strep and it was negative, they tested for the flu and it was negative. So her Dr. ordered a chest xray to check for pneumonia and blood work and also a urine check. So we left the pedi and went to Children's Hospital where they did those tests, well they did the xray and blood work, luckily they gave me the chance to bag her and try to collect urine that way before doing the cath and I did get a sample that I will be taking back first thing in the morning. So now the waiting game, the longer I am waiting to find out whats going on the more worried I am getting. The oncall Dr. from her pedi office was supposed to call me tonight with the results. I am still waiting for the results. When I put her to bed tonight her fever was 101.3 and I will be checking it all night long.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness- I hope you finally have results. Get well soon sweet Izzy!!!

    ReplyDelete