Thursday, June 18, 2009

Well now that she has started she isn't stopping!

So today my day consisted of watching Izzy walking between the Exaucer and the couch and back again! She won't usually sit in the exaucer anymore but she uses it to hold onto and walk around, so we still have it in the living room for her. I love her walk, with her arms up in the air, its just too cute and the look on her face while she is walking you can just tell she is so proud of herself! It makes my day to see the look of accomplishment in her eyes! Here is a video from today of her walking!



I also wanted to add that Izzy hasn't nursed in almost 3 weeks and I quit pumping on her first birthday! It has been a big adjustment for the both of us but I think we were both ready to stop. It was a wonderful bonding experience and I am so thankful to have made it past 1 year. I am also proud of myself for not giving up, it was my proudest accomplishment. There were a lot of tears and almost giving up over the past year but in the end it all was worth it. Izzy was only sick one time in the past year and it lasted maybe 24 hours, I like to believe that getting the breast milk contributed to keeping her that healthy. She is now transitioned to all whole milk and loves it! She also only gets her night time bottle and the rest of the day uses a sippy with a straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment