Thursday, January 14, 2010

TEETHING!

Izzy is cutting her 15th and 16th tooth and is really having a hard time with them. Last night she wouldn't eat her dinner and this morning she just picked at her breakfast and lunch. The pain was so bad today that she was even holding her head funny. She was due back to the pedi this week for a recheck of her ears so I called them today and they had an opening at 4, because at this point I was thinking that maybe the ear infection wasn't cleared up, maybe she has a sore throat?? I didn't know what was going on with her but I knew SOMETHING was going on. So her ears checked out completely clear (yay!), her throat looked normal, she didn't have a fever, chest sounded fine... the conclusion... her teeth were just bothering her that bad. I felt terrible for her to be in that much discomfort. So we are alternating Motrin and Tylenol and using Baby Orajel, in hopes to give her some relief. I guess it sounds silly that this late in the teething and I didn't realize that that was all that was wrong with her. Previously she has had issues sleeping at night or just laying flat because of her teeth and its made her fussy here and there during the day but she has never had issues like this. I didn't think I would be one of "those" parents that ran their kid to the Dr. for nothing but I have to say that it DOESN'T bother me because I can rest assured that Izzy is well and that I have done everything I can for her. It kills me to see her in discomfort. Then to top off the poor kids day, since we were there and she was due her flu shot because they have been out of it and also she was due another vaccine, she had to get two shots, I felt even more terrible at this point. So I guess the visit wasn't a total waste and now I know for a fact that the antibiotic she was on after Christmas cleared up her ear infections.
Oh I forgot to add that after a dose of Motrin and an application or two of Orajel, Izzy ate all her dinner and some of mine! LOL
I am hoping for a better day tomorrow now that I know all she needs is relief for her teeth since this evening she was an angel!


I made it through my first week back to class. I am hoping this semester will go quick. I hate that I have to go four days a week but Monday and Wednesday are just once class and it only last a little over an hour, so I guess its not too bad and depending on the day an hour and a half out of the house BY MYSELF gives me a whole new perspective and attitude when I get home. Not to mention the look on Izzy's face when I walk through the door melts my heart. Monday when I left I drove all the way to school AND back home listening to the Barney DVD that Izzy had playing in her portable DVD player in the car. I guess it didn't click in my head that I could actually listen to the radio,as much as I hear the "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family" tune that it just it just seems "right!"

I didn't mean to write a book here, I think I got tired and started rambling! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment