Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh, What A Week!

I have had a crazy week. Monday I went out and got all my stuff for college next week, books, parking pass, new ID since the old one went MIA.
Tuesday, I had to put Ivy down. She was a great dog for so many years but being 15 years old, she was showing her age. It was by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I think I made the right decision though, the stairs were really making going outside a task for her, She was getting to be hit or miss on eating, the vet said that if she wasn't completely blind that she was pretty close and then on top of her health conditions she wasn't able to be trusted with Izzy running around, I had to make positively sure that Izzy wouldn't grab or run at her because I didn't think she would tolerate that and I couldn't take the chance on her snapping at Izzy. So with all that in mind, I feel that I made the right decision. She will be missed. Ivy was very loyal and in her prime very smart. This picture was taken last year.

Today- I had my annual appointment with my Narcolepsy Dr. It went well. I am going to be switching to a different medicine. The current one just isn't doing the trick. The new one I will be taking 2-3 times a day instead of one, it should help with my evening tiredness to have that later dose. I also asked my Dr. about the chances of Izzy developing Narcolepsy and he said her chances are slightly greater than any other person but not very likely. Narcolepsy doesn't typically develop until teen years so I guess only time will tell but it doesn't seem that we have anything to worry about.
And tomorrow evening we are heading to Indianapolis for the weekend to go camping with my Mom and Stepdad. It will be the first time Jeremy and I have been on a vacation together which also means the first time Izzy has had a vacation. It is going to be very low key and just relaxing. Saturday we are taking Izzy to the Indy zoo. Things have been so crazy around here lately with Jeremy's work schedule and everything else going on it will be nice to get away, especially with schools starting on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Take lots of pics - can't wait to see them! hope you all have fun! :D

    Sorry to hear about your dog. She was beautiful. I know you guys gave her 15 wonderful years -- what more could a dog ask for? Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete